Monday, December 5, 2011

Giants Causeway/Derry/ROME

I went with Ray to Giants Causeway the other weekend while he was still here. It was an amazing view and it was cute to hear the folklore of how the Causeway was made. Its something we've both always wanted to see. Also did Carrick-A-Rede rope bridge which, surprisingly I wasn't afraid of the heights. Went through Derry on the tour and it was neat to see the divided walls but also disheartening that the country is not as one, still as we area approaching 2012. Today I just got back from Rome, Italy with some friends. I can say that out of the other countries I have travelled to, leaving Ireland out, Rome is my most cherished. The energy there was uplifting, and I have gained a new appreciation for the people and the country itself. It is very romantic, even if you do not have someone kneeling down on one knee in front of you- you can just sense it. For example, roses in a public water fountain. We toured the Vatican and the Colleseum. I know i'll be back someday, I just hope its soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment