Monday, October 24, 2011

London

Last week I had my first violin lesson since about 8th grade and i've completely fallen in love with it again:) I could not be more ecstatic to bring this hobby back into my life. I also went to London this past weekend with a couple of my girlfriends. I have to say that the elaborate architecture is one of the most memorable things to me. We took a 48 Hour "Big Bus Tour" which had a blue and a red bus touring the city making stops everywhere, giving you a chance to hop on and off at your leisure. We also stayed at a swiss cottage hostel and this was most likely one of the nicest hostels around. I almost did not want to leave because the bed was even more comfortable than mine at my apartment! hahaha yes that made it hard. We also went on a ferry tour on River Thames where we went under the "London Bridge" saw the beautiful Tower Bridge, Watergate house, the Globe Theatre of Shakespeare!, and much more. The weekend was full of tours because we also went on the Harry Potter walking tour which gave us a lot of interesting facts. I had no idea that J.K. Rowling was three times as rich as the Queen in London. Good for her! Especially learning her background and everything that she had dealt with in the past. We also went on a Jack the Ripper walking tour around 6:45 as the sun was going down. Our tour guide was very knowledgeable and humorous and it was neat to learn that he actually lives in the Tower of London with his family. We toured the streets of Victorian London and tread where Jack the Ripper, his victims, and the police once had. We also went to all of the different crime scenes as well as a couple bars in the area that were up in running back in 1888 that still are! Such as, The Princess Alice and The Ten Bells. I enjoyed my trip in London and hope to be able to go back some  day.

No comments:

Post a Comment